WATCHMAKING 101: THE SIMPLE ROUTE TO LEARNING WATCHMAKING, FIXING WATCHES, & MAINTAINING YOUR WATCH
This crash course will teach and simplify watchmaking. You will learn and be given the proper steps to maintaining, disassembling, reassembling, and fixing the ETA 2892. And much, much more.
This course is for watch enthusiasts, watch salespeople, aspiring watchmakers, and watchmaking students.
*This is a virtual On Demand item, this is not a physical DVD **You can watch/download as many times as you want. Tools not included ***Sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.
"[Anthony] cuts the crap — or BS, if you prefer — and offers the rare portrait of the watch influencer as an educator rather than a celebrity."
- WatchTime, America's No.1 Watch Magazine
"Funny, instructive, and downright refreshing... Find out for yourself."
- Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie, HH Journal
"“If you crossed Sherlock Holmes with Gordam Ramsey, you’d end up with Anthony.” "
- Mathieu Martin, Watchmaking School Instructor
"A definitive, no-nonsense guide for the novice and experienced collector, watchmaker, or anyone working on the sales side of watches."
- Josh Shanks, Managing Editor at Watchonista
"[Anthony is a] honest and amazing guy. I recommend him to everybody."
- Tom DeBlass, UFC Veteran, BJJ Black Belt World Champion, and 3x ADCC Trials Champion
WHAT IF YOU COULD BECOME A WATCHMAKER IN 6 MONTHS OR LESS?
This Watchmaking 101 Crash Course isn’t just any video instructional. It's a rapid learning guide to the world of watchmaking. It’s the result of an obsessive journey, spanning more than a decade, to learn watchmaking.
It contains the collective knowledge of all my watchmaking instructors and thousands of jaw-dropping personal failures.
From learning watchmaking in a small closet to teaching watchmaking in world-class facilities, I fixated on one question:
WHAT ARE THE TINIEST THINGS I NEED TO DO/KNOW TO ACHIEVE THE BIGGEST RESULTS?
Thousands of failures and experiments later- this video course contains the answers. From my bench to your screen, it's all here, and it all works.
YOU WILL (& SAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS):
- MASTER THE KEY PRINCIPLES OF WATCHMAKING TO IMPROVE YOUR UNDERSTANDING & INCREASE YOUR RATE OF LEARNING (SEE EXAMPLE)
- LEARN THE 20% OF WATCHMAKING THAT WILL YIELD THE GREATEST RETURNS
- LEARN HOW TO PERFORM A COMPLETE OVERHAUL ON THE ONE OF THE MOST COMMON MECHANICAL WATCHES (ETA 2892)
- RECEIVE COMPLETE PDFs & JAM PACKED WORKBOOKS THROUGHOUT THE COURSE (SEE EXAMPLE)
- WHAT WATCHMAKING TOOLS TO BUY (COMPLETE COMPREHENSIVE LIST)
- UNDERSTAND HOW TO IDENTIFY & FIX COMMON ISSUES WATCHMAKERS FIND DURING A SERVICE
- LEARN EACH PART OF A WATCH BY NAME
- LEARN HOW TO LUBRICATE A WATCH FROM START TO FINISH
- UNDERSTAND HOW WE TIME & ADJUST A WATCH ON THE TIMING MACHINE
- UNDERSTAND BEST PRACTICES FOR EVERYTHING WE DO AS A WATCHMAKER
- LEARN HOW TO NEVER FORGET WHERE PARTS GO DURING REASSEMBLY
- LEARN HOW TO BEST CLEAN WATCH PARTS (AFTER YOU DISASSEMBLED THEM) AT HOME WITHOUT A CLEANING MACHINE
- WHAT TO EXPECT ON A TRADITIONAL WATCHMAKING BENCH TEST
- LEARN HOW I WOULD GET YOU READY FOR A BENCH TEST IN 8 WEEKS
- HOW TO GET IN & OUT OF WATCHES WITHOUT EVER LEAVING A TRACE
- UNDERSTAND WATCHMAKING THEORY IN A SIMPLE & FUN WAY
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. No. Seriously. There's a shit ton more. Just take a look at the course curriculum below!
StartComprehensive Tool List & Excel (71:13)
StartHow to Order Tools from Jules Borel
Start[PDF] Comprehensive Tool List
Start[PDF] ETA 2892 Technical Guide
Start[PDF] Systematic Breakdown Of ETA 2892
Start[PDF] Decoding The Timing Results
Start[PDF] Decoding Oiling & Lubrication
Start[PDF] Mainspring Barrel Instructions
Start[PDF] ETAChron Tool Instructions
Start[PDF] Installing the Hands & Dial Workbook
Start[PODCAST] Learn The 20% of Watchmaking
StartWork Cleanliness (3:13)
StartHow to Fix Loupe Fogging (1:50)
StartHow to Remove a Stripped Screw (1:35)
StartWhat is Endshake & How Do We Adjust It? (5:48)
StartHow to Use the Horia Tool (9:58)
StartThe Horia Tool Secret (2:08)
StartHow To Use a Tweezer In Watchmaking (2:59)
StartThoughts on Different Tweezers (4:40)
StartHow to Increase Mainspring Barrel Endshake (8:11)
StartHow to Decrease Mainspring Barrel Endshake (11:44)
StartAssembling The Mainspring Clockwise or Counterclockwise (2:20)
StartGetting The Mainspring On The Hook Of The Winder (2:19)
StartHow To Wind Up & Install The Mainspring Into The Barrel (8:31)
StartOiling The Arbor Before Inserting Into Barrel (4:14)
StartFitting The Arbor Into The Mainspring Barrel (1:29)
StartOiling The Arbor Before Assembling The Mainspring Barrel Lid (1:52)
StartHow To Clean The In-Setting Jewels By Hand (3:00)
PreviewExamples Of Bad In-Setting Jewel Oiling (1:16)
PreviewExamples Of Good In-Setting Jewel Oiling (3:34)
StartHow To Use Light To Your Advantage During The Oiling Process (1:01)
StartHow To Clean The Jewels If You Mess Up During Oiling (4:10)
PreviewHow To Tell If The Movement Has Power Coming From The Mainspring (1:46)
StartHow The Industry Checks The Escapement Oiling (3:55)
PreviewExample Of Oiling On Top Of The Jewel On The Gear Train (1:11)
StartExamining A Bad Timing Result (5:41)
StartRemoving Hands from the Dial (7:06)
ALL FOR THE FRACTION OF A PRICE
Before Instagram came anywhere near my career, I had mastered the fundamentals. You’ll see a side of me throughout this course that I don’t think I’ve ever shown.
When I was getting started in watchmaking, there were things that I wished I knew. Everything that I’ve learned, understood, borrowed, and perfected is laid down across this course. I’ve streamlined my years of experience (and failures) and condensed it into this one course.
For the first time ever, I will teach you step-by-step how to surgically take apart a watch from start to finish (all for the fraction of the price of a traditional watchmaking course/private lesson).
THIS COURSE'S FUNDAMENTALS HAS HELPED MANY STUDENTS PASS THEIR WATCHMAKING EXAMS
Let's take Abdel for example. Abdel came to me in the beginning when he first started his watchmaking journey. He wanted something that could help him understand watchmaking easier than what was out there. It was too dry and was definitely not entertaining. Using the fundamentals in this course, Abdel went on to PASS and earn his diploma in Watchmaking.
Hi! I'm Anthony. I'm a Swiss trained watchmaker. I've been trained by Rolex, Omega, Breitling, Jaeger-LeCoultre, and much more. I got my start in watchmaking at the ripe age of 12.